Thursday, October 27, 2011

In God alone.

"My soul finds rest in God alone.
My salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation.
He is my fortress. I will never be shaken."
~Psalms 62:1-2

It's hard to be as passionate as David when I'm falling left and right. I feel Paul's pain when he says he does what he does not want to do, and what he does not want to do, he does. Lord save me from myself, I'm such a mess. I'll never get it right. But maybe I'm not meant to. Maybe that's what David got that I'm still struggling to grasp: that he was a mess and would always be, and that's why his hope is in God alone.

I find myself entertaining myself with the thought of living for myself again. Just going back to the gym and lifting those weights that seem to be calling my name. Just to live for my image once again and feel my blood rush to my muscles --to live for that adrenaline. Seems to be more exciting then God huh? Lust seems to offer more excitement doesn't it?

But these hollow lies that lead me to nowhere will be the end of me. When Satan tempts me and when my nature wants to gratify itself, I'll beat it out of me, like Paul did. " I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified." 1 Corinthians 9:27. And that's what i'll do. Back to the weight room. Back to pull ups and pushups. Not for my image, but to tell my body who's in control.


My soul finds rest in God alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment