These are some wise phrases you may catch on a bookmark or the occasional Facebook status update of an acquaintance. They're pretty common phrases, we've all heard them. But how many of us actually believe that? Seriously though. I don't yet. I'm trying, but I don't. But what if we all were to believe that? What if everybody in this world were to truly believe that? That would change everything. Some people would spend more time with their loved ones. Some people would finally be able to put things into perspective and see that life isn't all about work or money, this or that. Others would do the craziest things they can think of before they died. Would, would, would. Just a word to describe the possibility of something.
As Christians we are called to this reality. We are called to firmly believe and everyday remind ourselves that we are NOT at home. Such a foreign concept. We aren't taught that in schools. In fact EVERYDAY we are being conditioned to believe the lie that our purpose is to prepare for retirement. But realize this, we are called to prepare for eternity. Sometimes I lose sight. I lose my way and stumble, so caught up in my own life that I forget that this life isn't about me. And that's when hope springs up like a fountain as I turn my eyes to the hope we have in Jesus Christ, the resurrected Lord and Savior! So I rejoice knowing that Jesus Christ will return and be glorified! Because when we realize that Jesus Christ is real and ALIVE, and we realize that he is not a mere concept or comforting idea we've adopted, that's when everything changes.
Do you believe this?
====
Sorry if this post sounded too sermony but it's really what I'm currently feeling/meditating on. But in other news, if you guys haven't heard, I'm planning and hoping to create a CD with some of my original songs/raps to fundraise for my Missions Trip to Belize (and also for Passion) as I am short financially. So pray for me that the Spirit would lead me in writing lyrics and I can do all things to glorify Him.
Sorry if this post sounded too sermony but it's really what I'm currently feeling/meditating on. But in other news, if you guys haven't heard, I'm planning and hoping to create a CD with some of my original songs/raps to fundraise for my Missions Trip to Belize (and also for Passion) as I am short financially. So pray for me that the Spirit would lead me in writing lyrics and I can do all things to glorify Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment