"Neither this man nor his parents sinned", said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." (John 9:3). How simple yet crazily complex. How straight-forward, yet reflective of how our walks with Christ should be. What a humbling blessing it is to realize that our God needs not justify anything He wills, because He is our Maker. Too often I find myself sitting in my room. Perhaps sulking is a better word... Even despairing at my inability to understand. God gave me the strength, the gift of an analytical mind, but it also is my weakness just as easily. The enemy uses it to deceive me, daring me to try to understand everything.
I sit in my room and think. Actually, I feel that the word think is too passive in this context. I don't simply sit in my room and think. My head in my hands, I desperately rack my brain for answers until I physically feel exhausted. So intensely that my soul feels weary.
I rage. I ask why?! Why does this happen. Why does that happen. How do I conceptualize this?! And in that moment God speaks.
"Everything happens for My glory. Don't focus on what you don't understand. Don't try to understand. I came not to explain your blindness but to give you sight, for My glory."
So I stop questioning. I stop contemplating the divine, and worship.
God give me eyes to see You.
No comments:
Post a Comment