Hey guys, haven't updated for a bit.
Reason being, things have been pretty good. I've just been very grateful for the blessings God has given me and just how He's been working in my life. I couldn't ask for anything more really, except for Him to give me a greater thirst for Him. I've been very blessed with great brothers and sisters in Christ around me and I pray that I continue to grow with them and love with them. Things were just going great. I loved waking up (when I could LOL) and spending time with God. It was just so refreshing and really got my head on straight in the mornings. I loved just being where I knew God was, like going to prayer meeting, small group, friday night fellowship, church, etc. It was a Tuesday. A nice tuesday night and it was about time for Small Group. And then James'words slapped me right in the face.
Don't show favoritism. I scoffed. Favoritism? LOL. Me? Nahh. I love everyone. But I kept reading and I just kept hearing. Alex stop showing favoritism. And I started to think. Maybe I was showing favoritism. Showing favoritism to Christians or so called believers. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that maybe I was in fact showing favoritism by tending to want to be with Christians friends rather than spending time with non Christian friends. I mean, I was pretty comfortable with them already, and if it wasn't easy talking to them about Christ, then how could I possibly talk to nonbelievers about Christ? Then I knew I was in the wrong. God's calling me to feed His sheep and His sheep are somewhere on campus. They're the ones in their dorms doing homework. They're the ones at parties trying to fit in. They're the ones trying to find belonging in the various clubs and frats/sororities on campus.
How will I have the strength or the time to reach out to these people? I already feel a conviction to the freshman class at CCF. How do I make time for everything? But let's stop for a second. What is my conviction for the freshman class at CCF? It's to help encourage them to be Christ-centered leaders and lights in this world of darkness. So before I can even start that, I need to start living it.
No comments:
Post a Comment